cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierce
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

DLP Helpdesk tool - anyone got it working?

Jump to solution

Hey trying to get some support staff setup with the helpdesk tool but for the life of me i cant get it working.

Im a global admin and I have been able to generate bypass keys from within our ePO server without issue.

I install the software, it connects ok. give it the Key to be able to generate bypass and uninstall codes and type in all the info and the bypass key never becomes active?

Is there something very obvious I am missing to get this working?

thanks,

Pierce

Message was edited by: pierce on 09/05/11 11:09:36 CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeyMc
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Re: DLP Helpdesk tool - anyone got it working?

Jump to solution

If it's grayed out you probably need to type in the override password that you set in ePO?

5 Replies
Highlighted
JoeyMc
Level 10
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I'm sure you already know this since you have it working from ePO, but you have to leave the client override request window open so that the code will work.

Do you see the override events in DLP Monitor? When you generate the keys you are logged in with the same account that works in ePO?

Also make sure you are using the latest Help Desk tool. I have 9.1.0.504 which matches my DLP Management Tools

pierce
Level 13
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hey Joey,

I didnt know you needed to keep the client request window open and im pretty sure the same device generates the same ID as we need to seek approval from our security office before allowing which takes days some times. That or im just dreaming that (we dont override many devices).

Yes using my same account I use to access ePO that I use to open the helpdesk tool and it is the latest version.

The tool never lets me even press the button its greyed out so it wouldnt generate anything in ePO.

thanks very much for your help,

Pierce

JoeyMc
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

If it's grayed out you probably need to type in the override password that you set in ePO?

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

It will be grayed out till you click on 'Change settings' and enter the license key.

The license key for all the features will be different (override, uninstall,release from quarantine etc) only then it will work.

License key/Activation key will be there in the DLP Helpdesk tool package only when you download from website.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
pierce
Level 13
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hey Joey,

That was it, I was just ignoring the 'Enter Agent Override password' box completely..... need to make it a bit more obvious!

thanks,

Pierce

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community