Did you mean: 
Highlighted
clare
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

DLP Endpoint - release code

Hi expert,

My current epo is 5.9.0, for our management to release quarantined DLP task, they would need to get identification code from end user and paste into epo console.

Previously in epo 5.1, there's an option "Use password from current policy", however my current version does not have this option, anyway that i can enable back this option in epo console?

Thanks.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: DLP Endpoint - release code

Clare, 

The option "Use password from current policy" is no longer available in EPO 5.9.x. 

However,  you should see the option, "Get password from policy" and a dropdown to select the policy by name and then select the revision number of the policy.

If you are getting errors, you may need to contact support and open a Service Request to address the issue. 

Thanks
JayMan
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Re: DLP Endpoint - release code

This was a change in DLP11 vs DLP9, rather than ePO version as we've noticed the same & still on epo 5.3.1.

The 'get password from policy' option is what you need to use now, and it asks for a policy revision number (which the user can tell you from their end). But keep in mind, if you've never changed this password in the policy, leaving it as revision 1 will work too (which is what we've been doing).

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator