Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geek
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

DLP Endpoint 9.2 and Firefox support

Hi everybody!

I`ve got some questions about supporting firefox in DLP endpoint 9.2.

1. In DLP product guide says: "The web post protection rule is supported for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and later, and Firefox 3.6,4.0, and 5.0. For other browsers, use network communication protection rules." - What about FF 6.0 and 7.0? Do they officialy supported by Endpoint DLP 9.2?

2. Integration into FF realized by installation plugin. So everibody can disable this plugin (user dont have to be local admin) and send confidentional information thru webmail without any control. Am I right or I can prevent disabling dlp endpoint plugin in FF?

Regards.

Message was edited by: geek on 10/28/11 2:48:34 PM GMT+03:00
4 Replies
georgec
Level 13
Message 2 of 5

Re: DLP Endpoint 9.2 and Firefox support

The release notes state the product supports firefox 3.6 > 7

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/23000/PD23467/en_US/...

Haven`t testet yet to see if it can be easily disabled.

geek
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Hi all!

Any news about FF compatibility?

Already released FF11 but still does not supported by DLp Endpoint

Regis
Level 12
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately, I'd have to think that this will forever be a losing battle to keep up with the web browsers, especially if people in your environment have local admin authority to install Firefox, chrome, or the browser of the year.    Open source web browsers are always going to evolve much faster than a lumbering giant like McAfee can evolve their plugins, and even if you have tight administrative control over your environment, you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face to keep a vulnerable version of Firefox active just because it remains compatible with HDLP.

NDLP Prevent + an SSL middling web gateway of some sort (McAfee's or any other vendor's ICAP supporting http gateway) + strong egress filtering that forces people through that gateway are going to remain the most reliable means of browser-agnostic control of POST's.

Message was edited by: Regis   clarified which NDLP product works with web gateways (Prevent) on 3/16/12 8:38:39 AM CDT
Highlighted

With FF releasing a new version every 6-8 weeks it's impossible to support the lastest version.  I'm surprised that software companies are not dumping support for FF.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community