Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GenerAR
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

DLP Discovery Scan

Hello everyone,

On Tuesday, we released a DLP Discovery scan to search for a phone number, which was requested. We let it search all the files and Outlook mails on our devices where we have a agent. After a while, our employees reported a problem with Outlook where it says that Outlook cannot open the default email folders. When we enter the location where the PST files are located they are not visible. My question is  this was caused by McAfee DLP Discovery Scan and if it caused how to prevent it for future scans or is this a system error by Outlook.

Thank you for help,

Best regardsCapture.PNG

2 Replies
JaganA
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: DLP Discovery Scan

@GenerAR Thanks for posting here

What is the exact version?

What is the reaction configured? Classify / Encrypt / Move?

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
GenerAR
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: DLP Discovery Scan

Thank you for response JaganA

1. The version of DLP is 11.5.0.602

2. I didnt quite understand what do you mean by "What is the reaction configured? Classify / Encrypt / Move?" can you be more specific or give me some example

3. Here on pictures you can see our setups for DLP Discovery Scan where we looking for phone number. We adjusted our scan to look into Local File System and Email Storage just to scan not delete or any other action. You have pictures about Rule section and Folders section. After a while, our employees reported a problem with Outlook where it says that Outlook cannot open the default email folders (image form previous email). When we enter the location where the PST files are located they are not visible. My question is this was caused by DLP Discovery Scan setups that deleted PST files or is something wrong with Outlook.

Thank you again 

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community