Message 1 of 4

DLP Discover Endpoint scan schedule

In Endpoint discovery, there is an option of schedule of

• Run immediately
  • Once
  • Daily
  • Weekly
  • Monthly

Is there anyway we can run discovery at real time? So that we can classify/fingerprint files.

Reason being, if we use location content fingerprinting to tag the file. When we move them out of the set location, and did some changes. The fingerprint would be gone. Thus we would like to run endpoint discovery to classify the location fingerprinted file as "XXX". Since with classification, even with editing the file would still be tagged.

3 Replies
JaganA
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLP Discover Endpoint scan schedule

@m_lo Thanks for choosing community forum.

Did you try attached options? aren't they useful?

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
m_lo
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

@JaganA Hello Jagan,

• Run immediately
  • Once
  • Daily
  • Weekly
  • Monthly

Run immediately only runs the time it has grabbed the policy from ePO.

Once is a specific time. 

Daily, Weekly, and Monthy is self explanatory.

By using a schedule with daily, weekly, or monthly. There is a gap/delay for the files to be classified instantaneously. Thus I am asking if there is a "real-time", for endpoint discover to classify files.

JaganA
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

@m_lo Thanks for your response.

As of now, real time scan is not available with Discovery however, I feel its a valid request, please submit PER so that it can be considered by the Product Management team. For details, refer to KB60021

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community