cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninjaneer68
Level 10

DLP DCM Custom Message - opens program files

Jump to solution

Has anyone else played around with blocking mass storage and using a custom message when it triggers. I noticed that it hyperlinks the text and when you click on it. Program files DLP folder opens.

Is this by design ? Just curious why this happens

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vimalnavis
Level 13

Re: DLP DCM Custom Message - opens program files

Jump to solution

It's in the same place. Notify user has three sections: Message, Link text and Link URL. If you are not using the URL feature, then add your message to the message section.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vimalnavis
Level 13

Jump to solution

Did you fill both custom text and custom URL?

0 Kudos
ninjaneer68
Level 10

Jump to solution

nope, just custom text, left custom URL blank

had someone else try it, and when they click on it nothing opens. Not sure why program files / dlp opens when I try. I should restart and see if it still does that

Message was edited by: sstretchh on 7/8/14 9:33:37 AM CDT
0 Kudos
vimalnavis
Level 13

Jump to solution

I am not sure why it is opening the folder. The reason to use Custom Text and Custom URL is to point users to web portals that support the DLPe actions.

If you are using the custom text why not use custom URL as well? If you do not want to use a URL, couldn't just fit the message in the custom message instead?

0 Kudos
ninjaneer68
Level 10

Jump to solution

unless the custom message is in a different place thats why i am doing.

When building the policy under actions. When i select notify, i select custom message and leave custom URL empy

Is there a different place to leave a message to notify users ?

0 Kudos
vimalnavis
Level 13

Jump to solution

It's in the same place. Notify user has three sections: Message, Link text and Link URL. If you are not using the URL feature, then add your message to the message section.

0 Kudos
ninjaneer68
Level 10

Jump to solution

your right ! I was to focused on part  of the message is already populated.

I left that part as is and put my custom message under link text........Not thinking the link text was for what ever the URL is.....

Thanks for that, once I moved my custom message out of link text and put it in message, much better..........Thanks again for the help

0 Kudos