cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dipsrana
Level 7

DLP Block Internet Data Card when you put Policy USB, CD/DVD Blocking

Hi,

I am facing issue in DLP that when i put policy to block USB, CD/DVD. Then it will also block internet Data card so how can we allow access only datacard on the machine and USB and CD/DVD block on the client machien.

Dipen Rana

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

Re: DLP Block Internet Data Card when you put Policy USB, CD/DVD Blocking

Create a device definition for your data card and exclude those from blocking...simple

- AB

0 Kudos
monarak
Level 7

Hi AB,

I got the same problem. How to find definition for internet data card? I used DLP monitor but it shows nothing about that data card. Would you please advice? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jonez3
Level 7

You need to get the specific device information from the data card.  ( Vendor ID and Device ID) and CREATE a device definition for it yourself so that device control can identify it seperately.  Then exclude that device from the rule.

On external flash drives I use an small application called USBDeview to easily display the info. That might work for a USB data card as well (I haven't tried it.) Or, you will need to look in the device properties of the hardware. Good luck!

0 Kudos
lakshmanans
Level 12

Hi,

Try to check the DLP monitor it will contains the information about the blocked device according to tat u can create the definition and exclude the datacard

0 Kudos
Tristan
Level 15

I know some of these devices are part 3G modem and part USB data stick that contain an auto install of the drivers.

Is the modem actually being blocked or just the data stick part of it?

0 Kudos
pkyadav87
Level 7

Hi, Create a device definition using file system CDFS & UDFS for your data card and exclude those from blocking. It will allow all your data card devices.

0 Kudos