Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

DLP Agent not installing

I cannot get ePO v5.9.1(Build 251) to deploy DLP agent 11.0.400.152.

It says successful when I run the task to any Windows 10 Client machine but there is nothing installed on that client and there are no logs in the Windows Temp folder.

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: DLP Agent not installing

Hello Naz,

Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community

Could you please let me know the below information

-DLP Extension on ePO?

-Windows 10 build number?

-Have you applied any DLP policy to the client system?

-Is it occurring on one system or multiple systems?

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 10

Yes the DLP extension is on ePO.

W10 Builds are 1909, 1903, 1809

Not showing any DLP policies on the systems as they don't have the DLP agent but policies are applied to the system tree to block USB drives

It is happening on all systems I have tried this week.  It worked fine in October last year on 2 systems I was testing on and I can install latest version to them also but cannot do anything to systems with no DLP already installed.

Thanks

Naz

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Hello Naz,

None of the Windows 10 build you have mentioned support DLP 11.0.400.152. 

As you are using Windows 10 1903 and 1909, I would suggest upgrade both DLP extension on ePO and client machine to DLP 11.3 or 11.4

Please refer to the below article for compatibility
Supported platforms for Data Loss Prevention Endpoint: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68147

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 10

Updated DLP in ePO.  That hasn't made any difference.  Extensions now shows v.11.4.0.17.

Changed the task to reflect this and run against a windows 10 client 1909 and it says successful but nothing on the client machine programs folder, not even any logs.

Any more suggestions?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Hello Naz,

Thank you for the update. May i know what version of DLP you have deployed to the client system?

Also after upgrading, are you able to see the version in about section of Mcafee Agent? If yes, then let me know what files you see in C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DLP\Agent\Policy and C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DLP\Temp\Policy.

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

As I already said, there are no files on the client system for DLP.  Neither program files nor programdata and no dlp showing in About section of Mcafee Agent on client machine.

Please suggest something useful for me to troubleshoot this or find where the error lies so we can fix this for rollout to all machines.

Thanks

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Hello Naz,

On the ePO server, please browse to below location

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\(Current or Previous or Evaluation, depending on which branch the client package is installed)\DLPAGENT11400\Install\0409 and copy the DLP AgentInstallerx64.exe to one of the affected machine and install DLP

The above step is to check whether the issue is with DLP package or if ePO is unable to deploy it. If the manual installation is successful, please create a post in ePO forum to further assistance, otherwise i will suggest you to create a ticket with Mcafee support for DLP to check on it.

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

Just take the 11.4 DLP installer and try to manually install it on local VM, see if it works. if yes then the root cause is either communication issue between agent and ePO, or some misconfigurations on your ePO like ePO client task or you have wrong packages checked into your ePO master repository.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Naz1 ,

Thank you for writing in here

This seems to be an issue with the Installer on the local machine or the Repository package issue.

Try installing DLP 11.4 manually on the client machine, if installation is not successful then its a windows installer issue, or if the installation is successful then the issue is with the EPO side.

Kindly make sure you are not using the Run Client Task Now to deploy the products from EPO, kindly create a client task in client task catalog and then assign that client task to the machine and run it immediately and check if the task is getting invoked on the client machine or not.

Kindly make sure you create the client task for DLP 11.4 version on the EPO client tasks.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community