cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DLP Agent Deployment

Hi all,
Is there any possibility of deploying a DLP agent completely silent?
The deployment is done through epo task in client machine without any user intervention but when installation finish show a window with this message " system needs to restart (yes / no)".
I tried to include in the EPO deployment task a msiexec command but don´t work.

Someone can help me to hide this window when the installation finish?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.
18 Replies
Maytee
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 19

RE: DLP Agent Deployment

i don't know also

RE: DLP Agent Deployment

Short answer, no. You will always see the pop-up to reboot.

Joe.
bjanjua
Level 7
Message 4 of 19

Re: DLP Agent Deployment

Hi,

In your agent policy, please uncheck the option that says reboot system after installation, that should take care of it.

Thanks,

B

Hi,

whear can i get this option reboot system after installation.

In ePO- Policy Catalog- McAfee Agent Policy- general Tab- uncheck ' Prompt user when a reboot is required'

( This will not popup the reboot message. But understand that the DLP modules still will be loaded completely only after a reboot of the client machine.)

pierce
Level 13
Message 7 of 19

Hi Satheeshhpd,

That fixes the issue for getting rid of the reboot message (just testing with 9.1.100 succesfully).

Do you also know how to get rid of/supress the 'Content screen' has not passed windows logo testing where users have to press continue?

thanks,

Pierce

JoeyMc
Level 10
Message 8 of 19

This windows logo testing prompt has also been an issue in my organization. If anyone has a fix please let us know! I worked with a McAfee technician for hours with no resolution. I ended up sending a company wide message telling users to press continue anyway.

pierce
Level 13
Message 9 of 19

Hey JoeyMc,

Yeah thats the approach I was looking for. just know its going to be a pain chasing down people who dont read the emails/dont want their USB's blocked!

I have looked into it some more, some other options are to self sign the package or to also use another solution to deploy the software.

We use Dell's KBox software and with some tools you can record the install process and it will generate an MSI with all the registry keys loaded to supress these notifications.

Either way neither are ideal solutions and not 100% effective so far.

thanks,

Pierce

In some machines it takes 2 reboots for DLP agent to "successfully" install - via ePO 4.5 build 937 task

I have tried to deploy using ZENworks and it works a treat (exe file with /qn switch and force reboot).

I believe using SCCM should be the same thing.

HTH

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center