cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujitjha
Level 7

DLP Accessing error

Getting error while accessing DLP from ePO Server 4.6...I have uninstall the DLP Management tools..restarted but all in vain.

Please reopen this page in order to see its content. If this message is still shown, contact your ad...

any comment on this

0 Kudos
10 Replies
bogdan.clej
Level 7

Re: DLP Accessing error

One ideea is to  open Internet Explorer in tools (Alt+X) -----Internet Option----- Advanced----Remove  check say Do not save encrypted pages to disk

0 Kudos
sujitjha
Level 7

Done this..but not worked for me.

0 Kudos
bogdan.clej
Level 7

The user loggend is local admin ?

The epo console is on the trusted sites in IE?
Are ActiviX controls allowed  in security settings?

sujitjha
Level 7

The user loggend is local admin ---> Yes

The epo console is on the trusted sites in IE --->Yes
Are ActiviX controls allowed  in security settings? enabled in three Zones(Internet, Local Intranet & Trusted)

But still same error...

0 Kudos
bogdan.clej
Level 7

IE 8 inplace ?

UAC disabled ?

0 Kudos
keithdrone
Level 10

It should prompt you to install an ActiveX control, you may check with Support for a manual Active-X installation.

I have the exact same problem, and have had to log into our Jump-Servers and/or EPO server to access this.   Yet on another workstation built from the same image, it does not have this issue.  My co-worker has an identical account and does not have the issue, so you are not alone.

Additionally, ensure your Active Directory permissions for the account you set up permits you to view the interface over the network, otherwise you may have to use the server you have it installed on.

IE9 seems to have some flakiness with the interface as well, consider using IE8 or Firefox (that's worked for us on our EPO server)

EDIT---------

Found it!!

Go to your installation directory on EPO and look for the 'WebApp' folder in the server extensions.

For me, it was

X:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Extensions\installed\DATALOSS2000\9.2.100.12\webapp

Notice I'm using version 9.2, so if you have an older/newer build you'll have to account for that.

There is a file called 'DLP.CAB' and it has the DLPmanagement toolkit in it.  Install that on YOUR machine, and it should fix it.  I just tried this with 2 of my machines, and it fixed the error just fine.

Message was edited by: keithdrone - found solution on 2/5/13 10:44:46 AM CST
nikolay
Level 7

I have this problem too. I removed Mcafee DLP Manegement Tools, made new installation, but it did not help.

IE 11 Win7x64

any ideas?

0 Kudos
bphang
Level 10

nikolay
Level 7

Thank you!

DLP Manegement console worked 3 months absolutely normal in IE 11

0 Kudos