cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP 9.2 - record file names burned to DVD/CD

Moving this question over to its own post since so it can be marked answered when completed. the last post this was in the orignal poster seems not to have come back

Question -

For monitoring USB removable storage I set up a protection rule and only had it monitor explorer.exe When writing files to a USB Device. It recorded each file that was moved to the device.

I would also like to do the same with CD/DVD, but I haven't been able to figure out how to define the internal Windows 7 burner.

I created this post so your answers you put in the other post to this questions I can marked it answered once we are done. didn't know if you wanted to copy and paste your previous post to this threat ?

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: DLP 9.2 - record file names burned to DVD/CD

Highlighted

I am finally getting around to looking at this again and can't figure out step 2 with the tags. I don't have any tags set up so not sure what I need to do if I just want to record all file names people are burning to CD/DVD

Highlighted

I'm working on this same thing myself.

You could create a tag that fires on any file created by these apps. It says that we have to use at least one include before we can use an exclude. Bummer, I was hoping to use an exclude by creating a tag that would never fire but if I have to include a tag, why bother with the exclude?

I can make this rule fire for Windows burner but it only fires on files placed under the user profile /burn/burn directory. Nero just generates garbage. Nothing shows files on the CD/DVD, just files on the local OS that the app has interacted with.

Hope someone else jumps in to help out. If you figure this out, please post!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community