cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP 9.1 beta is coming...

What are the new features introduced with  version 9.1 of Data Loss Prevention?

Note: This is only a subset of the major features.

Windows 7 64-Bit Support – Host DLP Agent 9.1 fully supports Windows 7 64-bit.

Office 2010 Support - Host DLP Agent 9.1 fully supports Office 2010.

Rollup Support on ePO 4.5 - For multi ePO environments, enables rollup of events to a single database.

Built In Templates – Added HIPAA and PCI templates import ability.

Email Bypass Keyword - Email exception based on subject keyword which can enable 3rd party email gateway encryption.

Hit Count – Provides risk analysis capabilities by running discovery scan on the endpoints and analyzing the total hits found and total tags\categories.

Extending Business Justification to other Reaction Rules – Removable Storage, Printing and File System.

Improved EEFF Integration - Compatibility with EEFF version 4.0, includes bug fixes.

Performance Improvement – Improvement in the I/O operation of HDLP.

Tagging Action in Discovery – It is now also possible to tag files based on the discovery rule criteria.

Classification Enhancements:

Identify Encrypted/Password Protected Files - Enables blocking files that cannot be parsed from leaving the organization.

Dictionary Support in Tagging - Filtering application and location based tagging according to Dictionary terms (With Host DLP 9.0 only text pattern filtering is supported).

Microsoft Rights Management Service Integration – Enables the administrator to apply RM policy as discovery remediation and to block copying to removable storage, email and webpost, unless RMS policy is applied.

Additional Supportability Features – New Agent Properties (Running, Installed Pending Reboot, No Policy Enforced) and improved logging for Internet Explorer, Outlook and Lotus Notes.

Additional Language Support - Russian user interface is now available.

- Amiya Bisoi

13 Replies
McAfee Employee jstanley
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Re: DLP 9.1 beta is coming...

And lets not forget full integration with Network DLP if you have it

geek
Level 10
Message 3 of 14

Very good list of new features. It will be cool if support more web browsers

challiwag
Level 10
Message 4 of 14

Some fix's and performance based improvements would be nice too...in fact, better than new functionality !

Oh and maybe some tools to help support the product would be good.

s3cardi
Level 9
Message 5 of 14

I totally agree with you. Solving all the bugs and performance issues in DLP 9.0 is the most important thing that McAfee must do.

Extra features could be nice but not essential for the existing users.

I've requested for Beta+ participation. I'm eagerly waiting for this version. out of the McAfee products I own, HDLP and Encryption porducts are very important for my business and geting them right is very important for the success of my upcoming project. Waited almost an year for this. I'm concerned if it will not support office 2010 x64. they only mention office 2010.

Thanks very much.

1ndian

challiwag
Level 10
Message 7 of 14

By the way, were is it listed what is in beta?

Is it possible to get a link ?

All public beta will be available here: http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/downloads/beta/index.html

I guess HDLP 9.1 is in private beta for now; starting sometime in July.

regards,

1ndian

challiwag
Level 10
Message 9 of 14

Yeah, I had looked there.

I was more interested in the document that lists what is actually in the beta.

Highlighted

The new version must be solve my 3 problems:

- the printing rules not work mith all file type. i need to protect mt autocad, Aatia and SolidWorks documents drawing

- when i put a password on a tagged zip file, the tag disapear on  a file. same thing if a zip a tagged file ans i put a password on it.

- if i encrypt a tagged file with efs, the tag disapear.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center