cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: DLP 9.0 Agent 64 bit compatibility

DLP 9.1 will have windows 7 64 bit support currently under beta. I'm signing up for the same. I would recommend not to jump to other vendors just because a feature is missing "now" emphasis on now πŸ™‚ I've done that mistake before. I implement one vendors solution at the endpoint and another vendor's solution at perimeter level. I believe single agent management is the way to go.  Also, 3 or 4 layer firewalls with IPS. no firewall has two-way  communication.2 layers of firewalls used for incoming and 2 layers of firewall for outgoing. this setup may not work in all scenarios though.

I guess McAfee at last is listening to the public; look at their release shcdules this year. HDLP 9.1, HIPS 8.0, VirusScan 8.8. all of them supporting x86/x64 architectures and latest microsoft operating systems!!! I cannot wait to test printing functionalities in DLP 9.1.

regards,

1ndian

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlp-facts

Symantec does not support 64bit either.

mcmc
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 21

Does anybody have an update as to when 64-bit DLP will be ready/released publicly to customers? I realize it is in private beta, but what is the roadmap?  1 month, 3, 6 ????

I'm guessing not Q3, but there IS still time...

Just as a reply to the previous post..

Symantec DOES SUPPORT 64bit Windows 7 already! I have the installer and it's been available since June 2010.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlp-agent-wont-install-win-7-64-bit-if-uac-enabled

This proves it exists.. there are cases on how it needs to be installed properly.

mcmc
Level 7
Message 15 of 21

dlpguru wrote:

Just as a reply to the previous post..

Symantec DOES SUPPORT 64bit Windows 7 already! I have the installer and it's been available since June 2010.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlp-agent-wont-install-win-7-64-bit-if-uac-enabled

This proves it exists.. there are cases on how it needs to be installed properly.

uh, thanks, that was helpful, but I guess I should have been more specific (sarc).  But since this is a McAfee board, and i am a McAfee customer, I was hoping to get a McAfee DLP x64 update.

DavHio
Level 9
Message 16 of 21

As a closure of this topic, McAfee announce that DLP 9.1 will support Win7 64 bit.

mcmc
Level 7
Message 17 of 21

Right, but when?  We're just trying to get a more exact date as we're anxiously awaiting its release.  But apparently, this information isn't available yet.  Hopefully any day now.

Any more news on DLP agent 9.1?

I have 64 bit Windows 7 PCs that are not being monitored.

Thanks

M

Highlighted

I have been told that it has now gone RTS, with the possibility of it going RTW at the end of the month.

64bit support for Win 7 is coming soon.  It's already in beta testing. The release date is days, not months away.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community