cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLP 11 - Status Agent Up no policy or Agent is not running.

After upgrade DLP version 10 to 11, some hosts appear with DLP Agent Status "Agent up - no policy" or "Agent is not running". The DLP version was 10.0.250.92, after upgrade is 11.0.0.1162, next I updated to 11.0.200.1002, but DLP status not change. Any suggestions ?

3 Replies

Re: DLP 11 - Status Agent Up no policy or Agent is not running.

Hello,

due to a test scenario in which we used McAfee Agent 5.5.0.482 and DLP 11.0.200.1002 we came to the conclusion McAfee Agent 5.5.0.482 and DLP 11.0.200.1002 don´t work well with each other, in fact the Agent seems to be broken in this constellation.
When using McAfee Agent 5.0.5.739 and DLP 11.0.200.1002 everything is woking as intended so far.

We have a problem that policy changes within the DLP 11 are saved and shown correclty on ePO 5.9 but are not transferd to the Client when using McAfee Agent 5.5.0.482 (there ist no change within the Policyrevision on the managed Client in DLP) whereas the Agent 5.0.5.739 works like a charm. We have raised a SR for this and are using McAfee Agent 5.0.5 at the moment.

This may be your problem as well?

Greetings

Hello,

The environment complied, when I removed the version of DLP 11.0.200.1002, installed agent 5.5.0.482 and then reinstalled the DLP again and applied the policy. Restart all hosts. I had some hosts that I removed all Mcafee programs (using the MFERemoval100 tool), reboot the host, and reinstalled everything back.

I see that some products have problems with updating the agent, it is necessary to remove the product with the previous version and install the product with the new version.

Highlighted

we had a similar issue. not sure why McAfee hasn't fixed this. Maybe the 5.5 patch one fixes the issue. Also if you're still using patch 2 I would advise getting off from it. We had a ton of issues testing it and never made it to production. We skipped and went to patch 3

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community