Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

DLP 11.6 installed but not working

Hi,

I have installed the DLP 11.6 and in the DLP User Sessions tab there is a message: "There is no DLP user sessions to display" even I am connected / logged on client side.

On server side the DLP does not appear on System Properties tab. In Products tab DLPAGENT11600 has the status of Successful.

On previous DLP version 11.3 the DLP User Sessions tab shows information about the connected user!!!

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks

5 Replies
Corey-DLP
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: DLP 11.6 installed but not working

Hello and thank you for posting here!

Based on your description, it almost sounds like policy enforcement is not working correctly. Have you ensured that you have an editable policy (not McAfee Default) assigned to the system and that it is set to enforce in ePO?

Also, was this an upgrade from 11.3 or does his only occur on fresh installs of 11.6?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Yes, the editable policy exists and it is working with DLP 11.3.

I have installed DLP 11.6 on a new PC from the network and DLP is not working.

I also updated to DLP 11.6 an old PC that used DLP 11.3, and DLP is not working.

When I'm checking the enforcing policies on client side, the Enforcing Policies for newDLP is missing.

I notice that on Policy Catalog from server I have only Data Loss Prevention 11.3.

In Policy Catalog should be available Data Loss Prevention 11.6 ? How can I fix that?

Thanks

Corey-DLP
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

The Policy Catalog should list 11.6 as the version as long as you upgraded your DLP Extension. In your ePO, if you navigate to the ePO menu > Software > Extensions > Data Loss Prevention what version is listed for the Data Loss Prevention extension? I've attached a screenshot of the version you should see if the extension has been upgraded.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

The Policy Catalog is not listing DLP 11.6 as the version.

In ePO menu > Software > Extensions > Data Loss Prevention I have Data Loss Prevention 11.3 whit the Modules: Data Loss Prevention Management Extension.

Should I install Data Loss Prevention Management Extension for 11.6 ?

Corey-DLP
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

If your management extension is still at 11.3, you will need to upgrade the management extension to 11.6. With the extension at 11.3, policies would not be applied to systems running the 11.6 agent and is likely resulting in the issue you're experiencing. Prior to upgrading your DLP extension, I recommend reviewing our Best Practices KB for Upgrading. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community