Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pheonix
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

DLP - 11.6.200 destination url "Not available"

Hi,

We are not able to see the destination url field within Mcafee Db. It is coming as "Not available" against the field.

Checked - Windows client config and already enabled :

Browsers

Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer web protection
Internet Explorer extension - for identifying address bar URL (not required for web protection)
Load toolbars and extensions when InPrivate browsing starts
Please suggest if any other setting to be enabled to capture destination URL field.

Question 2 : I know it was a known issue, could you please confirm if this has been fixed.
Question 3 : Please let me know till which DLP version it was a known issue.
9 Replies
DGeorgiev
Level 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: DLP - 11.6.200 destination url "Not available"

Hi Pheonix,

Have you managed to find what exactly causes a URL Not Available incident? In my experience I've discovered this issue with Microsoft Edge when it is used to open PDF files containing data matching the DLP policy and the issue is not resolved up to that point. If that's the case for you, please submit a SR describing this issue and explaining it's regarding a bug that's already been raised with engineering - this should help getting it sorted out sooner.

There are also some other cases when URL Not Available might be encountered, if the above is not related to your case, could you please let me know what is the evidence file name / extension?

tucker84
Level 10
Message 3 of 10

We had this same issue with all 11.6 versions. We opened a request with support last week but haven't heard anything back yet. Going to try to escalate today. We provided a MER, and all the logs so hopefully they can find something since the extension is loaded in the browser.

So this shouldn't be anything on your side that's configured incorrectly or missing. When I hear back I'll update this

I honestly jumped on here hoping someone had the same issue with a fix 😕

Note: IE is not effected by this bug and it's only gotten worse in the V90 and newer versions of Chrome or Edge.

jordan23
Level 9
Message 4 of 10

We've had nothing but problems with 11.6 Endpoint (and Prevent).  We're getting the not available from strange files in Web Protection (on Chromium-based browsers only) and the evidence it provides are random files from the Chrome directory--not even attempted POST or PUTs.

tucker84
Level 10
Message 5 of 10

We've had the same issue with strange files. Nothing in the Chrome directory but now that you mention it that'll probably be the next place it flags. DLP seems to flag on O365 custom dictionary as well even when we don't have it enabled for Outlook. We use something else there. 

We can't use an older version either due to wanting to use the new Edge browser and Chrome.

DGeorgiev
Level 9
Message 6 of 10

So does the issue with Chrome concern files such as "c1de9e6b910c7e688fb1462954f15d4b2f834882e839627aceb68826769a2f83"? If so, then I am afraid this is the same issue.

As for the dictionary - does this concern roamingcustom.dic?

tucker84
Level 10
Message 7 of 10

Yes, roamingcustom.dic is one that we're having an issue with

DGeorgiev
Level 9
Message 8 of 10

tucker84,

In this case I assume the rule that you're triggering is for personal names. Yesterday we had a session with a McAfee technician and we replicated the issue in their test environment. They are gathering data at the moment to forward to the McAfee Engineering team - I believe submitting a service request and pointing out that it's an issue that has been already raised could result in the Engineering team taking a look at this with higher priority. I will keep you posted if I get any news from the SR.

tucker84
Level 10
Message 9 of 10

DGeorgiev,

Yep, flagging on names. We had the issue nearly every day, but we couldn't reproduce at will which meant no procmon which also meant that support wouldn't help.

Hopefully you have better luck

jordan23
Level 9
Message 10 of 10

I have had evidence files with similar GUIDs.  Their extension has been .tmp for the most part.  I have see a variety of 'f_****' files that appear in some Chrome directory locations as well--among others.

The Classifications have been all over the board regarding the sensitive info types.  We have opened an SR with Support and it is with their Dev Team.  I was able to replicate the issue while accessing McAfee's own Webex site--so we gathered the pertinent logs/HAR.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community