cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Customise 'True File Type' definitions

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using a True File Type definition to allow certain files to be imported/exported and overall is working great for what it was intended to do. However there a small issue with the definition being used since it does include a file type that we want to protect. I was just wondering if there is a way to customise 'True File Type' definitions, for example to remove a specific file type from the list. I guess that I could use file extensions to protect those files, but I would concerned if anyone discovers that they can simply change the file extension to bypass the DLP system.

Many Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Customise 'True File Type' definitions

Jump to solution

Linuxxo,

The built in "True File Types" cannot be customized. However, if you do decide to use a file extension and create an exception, the possibility of an end user changing the file extension to by pass the filter would be a concern. 

If you would like to have the ability to customize true file types, you would need to submit a Product Idea Request. 

Thanks

1 Reply
McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Customise 'True File Type' definitions

Jump to solution

Linuxxo,

The built in "True File Types" cannot be customized. However, if you do decide to use a file extension and create an exception, the possibility of an end user changing the file extension to by pass the filter would be a concern. 

If you would like to have the ability to customize true file types, you would need to submit a Product Idea Request. 

Thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community