cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKBH1
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Copy feature disabled for Evidence, Rules, Classifications, etc in ePO 5.10 Release 4 and DLP 11.4?

When you click on a DLP incident, under the Evidence tab or any tab really, it seems copying anything underneath is disabled.

The way I do this is click down once, with my cursor on one side of the Short Match String text that I want to copy, with my left mouse button. I held the mouse button down. Then drag the mouse pointer over the text until all of the text I wish to copy is colored differently than the rest of the text on the page.

This is all for the tabs. It does not give the ePO admin or analyst the option to copy. 

This used to work in ePO 5.9.1 and DLP 11.2

Is this a new change (works as designed?) in ePO 5.10 Release 4 and DLP 11.4?  

4 Replies
sbalamur McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Copy feature disabled for Evidence, Rules, Classifications, etc in ePO 5.10 Release 4 and DLP 11

@JKBH1 Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community

If my understanding is correct you are trying to copy contents under evidence tab in the incident manager but you are unable to copy it .

I have tried to copy the contents under evidence tab in incident manager with ctrl + c and
right click - > copy and pasted on a notepad both works fine on DLP 11.4 with ePO update 5

Could you check and let me know if you have clipboad protection rule in place to block to contents from being copied to a clipboard ?

If the issue continues could you raise a support case for further troubleshooting.

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
Highlighted
JKBH1
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Re: Copy feature disabled for Evidence, Rules, Classifications, etc in ePO 5.10 Release 4 and DLP 11

Yes, I'm simply trying to copy the text from the columns to a notepad. No clipboard protection rule has not been implemented. 

sbalamur McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

@JKBH1 Thanks for your reply.

1. We haven't come across this issue in recent times however i would recommend you to check the same different browser.

2. Try to apply empty DLP Policy to the affected machine and let me know if the issue still occurs.

3. After copying the text open a word document and use the Ctrl+Alt+V hotkey – this shows a list of
copied text from which you can select the text to paste this confirms the content copied to clipboard.

Please let me know if you have further questions i will be happy to assist you!!

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
JKBH1
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

With Chrome in ePO 5.9.1 – we are able to copy all the text starting from the column headers (Rule Set Name, Rule Name, Configured Action, Severity, etc.) down to the incidents text in each column. See that the text gets highlighted in blue (meaning that copy is enabled). Yes, when pasting – all text are pasted.

epo591_chrome.png

Now, in ePO 5.10 with Chrome, the only thing that can be copied are the column headers and not the incidents text underneath in each column. When pasting, just the copied text highlighted in blue is copied.

epo510_chrome.png

With Firefox in ePO 5.10, only the tab header names can be copied. When pasting, just the copied text highlighted in blue is copied.

epo510_firefox.png

With your suggestion to empty DLP policy, this issue is showing up in a jumpserver where we are accessing the ePO console (no DLP policy enforced) and in the analyst browser (with data protection policy enforced). Again, we do not have any policy related that might hinder the copy/paste functionality. 

The copied text (highlighted in blue) is pasted to a notepad with no issue at all in either 5.9.1 or 5.10.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community