I am testing DLP features and I cannot get Classifications (Automatic or Manual) to apply to my test machine. This is what I have attempted for Automatic:
1. Created a new Classification.
2. Created a Network Share Definition that points to a folder with files to classify.
3. Attached the Definition as Location content fingerprinting Criteria to the Classification.
4. Created a Data Protection Rule Set for Removable Storage Protection, Enabled it, and assigned the Classification that I created to it.
5. Assigned the Rule Set to my policy.
6. Applied the Rule Set.
The policy is assigned to a single laptop for testing. I have successfully tested blocking files from a network location to a removable device as well as getting notifications when a removable device is inserted.
For manual, I followed the directions at this link: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/How-to-use-Manual-Classification-in-DLP-Endpoint/ta-p/5518...
That could be the problem. Our current Operational Mode is a follows:
Device control and content aware removable storage protection (without tag support). Standard setting for Device Control. When selected, supports all device control rules plus removable storage data protection rules. Manual tagging is not supported.
I do not see the option for us to select Device control and full content protection.
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.
Community Help Hub
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.