cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classifications Not Applying

I am testing DLP features and I cannot get Classifications (Automatic or Manual) to apply to my test machine. This is what I have attempted for Automatic: 1. Created a new Classification. 2. Created a Network Share Definition that points to a folder with files to classify. 3. Attached the Definition as Location content fingerprinting Criteria to the Classification. 4. Created a Data Protection Rule Set for Removable Storage Protection, Enabled it, and assigned the Classification that I created to it. 5. Assigned the Rule Set to my policy. 6. Applied the Rule Set. The policy is assigned to a single laptop for testing. I have successfully tested blocking files from a network location to a removable device as well as getting notifications when a removable device is inserted. For manual, I followed the directions at this link: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/How-to-use-Manual-Classification-in-DLP-Endpoint/ta-p/5518...
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor SCtbe
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Classifications Not Applying

Maybe dumb question, but do you set your DLP installtion to full content tracking mode:

Appropriate licence key under DLP Settings as well as Operational mode uder Windows Client Configuartion policy.

That could be the problem. Our current Operational Mode is a follows:

Device control and content aware removable storage protection (without tag support). Standard setting for Device Control. When selected, supports all device control rules plus removable storage data protection rules. Manual tagging is not supported. 

I do not see the option for us to select Device control and full content protection.

We are currently licensed for:

DLP Monitor, DLP Prevent, DLP Endpoint, DLP Discover

Highlighted

I'm facing the same issue, followed the following link to setup manual classification.

For manual, : https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/How-to-use-Manual-Classification-in-DLP-Endpoint/ta-p/5518...

but on client system i'm not able to classify the content.. not getting any classification to define.

As per above discussion, I have already checked the 'Device control and full content protection' under Clients Configuration> Operational modes and modules> Operational Mode it is 'Enabled' 

We are having

EPO: 5.10.0.2428 Update3

DLP : 11.2.0 (Minor:142)

DLP Endpoint

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community