Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haribo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Classification file extension is not supported

Good Day,

I have installed DLP 10.0.0 on EPO 5.1.3. I have also installed the DLP 10.0.0.9 extension. We had a prior extension of 9.3.4 but I don't think the policy conversion went well.

With all the previous versions removed from the master repository, I still receive this error when trying to apply a new policy which includes file extension scanning for .pdf documents within one of our classifications.

"Classification file extension is not supported on DLP version lower than 10.0.0"

I have tried deleting and recreating all previous rules, deleting some of the default policies and reinstalling both the extension and DLP 10.0.0, but none of that has helped.

Do I need to go back to a fresh install of EPO 5.1.3 in order to install DLP 10.0.0 with fresh policies?

Thanks for any advice.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee hhoang
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Classification file extension is not supported

The error is saying that you have a classification configured to use file extensions as criteria.  This feature was added in 10.x and later. 

You will need to either remove the classification (Menu > Classification) or change your Backwards compatibility setting to 10.x and later (Menu > DLP Settings).

Re: Classification file extension is not supported

Before I changed my Backward compatibility to 10.0.0.0 and later, I changed Policy Validation to No Validation and everything was good, then reversed the policy validation back to Non-Strict Mode and changed the backward compatibility to 10.0.0.0 and later (just to be safe)

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community