Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Classification file extension is not supported

Good Day,

I have installed DLP 10.0.0 on EPO 5.1.3. I have also installed the DLP extension. We had a prior extension of 9.3.4 but I don't think the policy conversion went well.

With all the previous versions removed from the master repository, I still receive this error when trying to apply a new policy which includes file extension scanning for .pdf documents within one of our classifications.

"Classification file extension is not supported on DLP version lower than 10.0.0"

I have tried deleting and recreating all previous rules, deleting some of the default policies and reinstalling both the extension and DLP 10.0.0, but none of that has helped.

Do I need to go back to a fresh install of EPO 5.1.3 in order to install DLP 10.0.0 with fresh policies?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
McAfee Employee

Re: Classification file extension is not supported

The error is saying that you have a classification configured to use file extensions as criteria.  This feature was added in 10.x and later. 

You will need to either remove the classification (Menu > Classification) or change your Backwards compatibility setting to 10.x and later (Menu > DLP Settings).

0 Kudos