cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CSV import error

Jump to solution

Hy there

I'm trying to import a device definition into an ePO 4.6 with DLP 9.2. The error that I receive is

Import CSV Failure

The file to import was empty or has data inan incorrect format.

Same file was imported in an other DLP console and everything was ok.

What is wrong there?

Thanking you.

Bogdan Clej

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: CSV import error

Jump to solution

Most likely you are accessing the console using IE on one of Vista/Win7/Win2008/R2 and you have User-Access Control (UAC) enabled.

Temporarily disabling UAC while importing the definition fixes one of the causes of this error.

Chris Norris
McAfee Tier III Support Engineer
Data Loss Prevention

McAfee website: www.mcafee.com
McAfee Corporate Online Support (Service portal): http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/support/index.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Most likely you are accessing the console using IE on one of Vista/Win7/Win2008/R2 and you have User-Access Control (UAC) enabled.

Temporarily disabling UAC while importing the definition fixes one of the causes of this error.

Chris Norris
McAfee Tier III Support Engineer
Data Loss Prevention

McAfee website: www.mcafee.com
McAfee Corporate Online Support (Service portal): http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/support/index.html

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for answering Chris. I'll try your solution and will feed back  the results.

Respectfully yours,

Bogdan Clej.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I had the same problem importing a list of device serial numbers which I solved by ensuring the first row of the csv is alpha-character only (a column name such as : 'value'). But ePO will import that 'row' along with the other values, so make sure you delete it afterwards. Any numerics in the first row will result in the error message:  The file was empty or has data in an incorrect format.

Correct csv content example:

value

2F5D45G5K6FCB3

2J4G71A3J7H6G4

[....]

Message was edited by: zatoichi on 13/02/14 11:18:13 CST AM
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community