cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking USB devices and CD/DVD with a password ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using the following configuration:

Windows 7 64-bit

ePolicy Orchestrator v5.0.1.228

Data Loss Prevention v9.3.0.617

McAfee Agent v4.8.0.333

I added some rules in order order to block or unblock USB devices and CD/DVD and it's working.

I'd like to know if it's possible to add a password to these rules and how to do it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blocking USB devices and CD/DVD with a password ?

Jump to solution

Yes, you are right. Also please remember you can exclude a specific removable media from the protection rule if you need.

Regards

Seckin

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can't configure the protection rule with a password.  McAfee Host DLPe designed for challenge/response method when you need to bypass the Host DLPe agent. if the client need to bypass a block issue, you need to generate bypass code from Help Desk tool. Do you need to encrypt removable media with a password or bypass to rule with a password ?

Regards

Seckin DEMIR

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

We need a password to bypass this protection rule.

To do so, I have to generate a bypass code from Help Desk Tool, am I right?

Jump to solution

Yes, you are right. Also please remember you can exclude a specific removable media from the protection rule if you need.

Regards

Seckin

Jump to solution

Ok, I'll do it then.

Thank you very much for your time.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.