cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking File Uploads and false positives.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have recently enabled a Rule to block All file uploads for any websites, and I have noticed a very large numbers of incidents raised when a user visits a number of well knows sites that do not offer upload options, like online newspapers and travel sites. The source of every incidents is always Internet Explorer (version 11 is the default one). Any ideas what may be triggering those false positives through IE? Is there anything that needs to be checked in order to reduce them?

Many Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Blocking File Uploads and false positives.

Jump to solution

Looks like temporary internet cache files are being captured. Could you please follow the workaround mentioned in the KB:-

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85726&snspd-1015

4 Replies
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Looks like temporary internet cache files are being captured. Could you please follow the workaround mentioned in the KB:-

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85726&snspd-1015

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your quick reply, that seems to be the right solution, however I am blocking all files and not using any custom Classifications. I guess that somehow I will have to figure out how to use the newly created Definition as per KB.

Jump to solution

By the way, I also encountered such a problem, it turned out to be solved.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your help. The solution has worked, however it needed some tweaks. The KB does recommend to set the file size to less than 1 KB, but in reality most of the files generating false positives are above that. Most of the files triggering the incidents were around 2 or 3 KB in size, with some up to 12 KB, so the value had to be increased to minimise false positives.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community