cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying DLP Policy Error (failed deploying policy members to reporting database)

Hi

I'm currently testing McAfee DLP 9, I've got it installed on the ePO server, I create a policy but when I go to apply it to ePO I get the error above:

failed deploying policy members to reporting database

SaveEventsToDB failed Insert failed

I've reinstalled and made sure the DLPWCF service is running with credentials who have write access to the ePO DB as suggested here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68104

Anyone any other options?

TIA

gR

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Applying DLP Policy Error (failed deploying policy members to reporting database)

Do you have the proper rights for the a/c you are using for database? Try assigning the a/c atleast db owner permission.

- Amiya

Re: Applying DLP Policy Error (failed deploying policy members to reporting database)

Hi Ciphent

The user a/c I used for the WCF install and for running the WCG service has DBO rights on the ePO database.  It's also the same user a/c that ePO is using for it DB settings.

Thanks for the reply

gR

I would advise remove all component of DLP and re-install if you are just starting with it (take back of policy in case you did some work on rules etc.)

I think dbo privilege is more than enough. Are you using a sql a/c or windows a/c. I know some known issues with using windows a/c for DLP 3.0!

Regards,

Amiya

Found the problem, needed to change "Arithmetic Abort Enabled" to "True" in the database properties in SQL

Thanks

gR

This suggestion did not work for me. Running HDLP v9.1 (non upgrade) ePO v4.5 SP3, on Win2k8, 64 Bit with SQL 2008, 64 bit, all on the same system on VMWare ESX. Full error message I am seeing is

Exception Information: SaveEventsToDB failed: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

Looking further into the problem now

Still have the same problems . ePO 4.5 patch 3, windows server 2003 sp2. Have another solutions? Thanks!

I had the same problem. I restarted the service "McAfee DLP WCF Service" from Windows Services and the problem disappeared.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator