cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple devices mass storage is getting allowed.

Hi All,

I'm having issues with apple mass storage access in our environment. The rule is triggering as blocked but it did not block the flash drive and I am able to access the files.
The rule is working as expected in non-domain machines but when I am connecting the machine to domain network, its not working.
I assume that the issue is with the GPO settings in my domain.

I am on DLP 11.2 and ePO 5.9

Any help in diagnosing my issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Satish

9 Replies
McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: Apple devices mass storage is getting allowed.

@Satish_Talatam Thanks for using Support Community.

What option is being selected in Windows Client Configuration -> Device Control -> iPhone Protection Mode:

Select "Block and do not allow to charge".

This should block the device completely.

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

@JaganA  If I enable the "Block and do not allow charge" its working but we are not able to charge iPhones. In our environment we need to allow charge. 

As I mentioned earlier, the same policy is working as expected in non-domain machines with "Block and allow charge" but if I connect that machine to the domain network, again the policy is not working and mass storage is getting accessed.

Kindly Assist, 

Thanks in advance.

McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

@Satish_Talatam This is observed because of the recent changes applied by apple. However, if you could open a support ticket we can analyze further.

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted

@JaganA Its been 15 days since I hold an SR on the same but my day is ending up at providing the logs only. 

McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

@Satish_Talatam I tried to find the SR# but could not, would mind if I ask for it?

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?

@JaganA  SR # <4-20282410951>

McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

@Satish_TalatamI checked the SR and it is with my colleague.

I just wanted to keep you updated that no immediate solution available for this issue. Because, this is happening because of the recent changes made by apple.

Having said that we can't deny a solution at this point but we might need some time, will keep you updated via the SR.

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?

@JaganA If its the issue with Apple update, why does it working in non-domain machines ? 

McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

@Satish_Talatam I didn't mean the issue is with apple and they have to provide solution.

The issue has been observed after their recent changes and we have to analyze and identity the cause in order to fix the issue. So we are in progress....

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community