cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwasly
Level 7

Allow write not read

Hi All,

Can I allow all users to write to USB storage device but no read.

I know DLP is for data protection but we apply it to avoid viruses attacks from USB storage device.

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jkbharrison
Level 7

Re: Allow write not read

I don't know of an option like that within DLP. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Being able to store information but not access it after?

0 Kudos
hwasly
Level 7

Thanks for your reply.

No, I would like to protect PCs of virus attacks via storage devices byblocking read option, meanwhile I would like to allow all users to transferdata to their storage device.

So they can write but no reading.

The main goal is to prevent virus attacks, but If you have another solutionto allow users to write without read , kindly provide me the best solution.

Regards,

0 Kudos
cnorris
Level 10

This is beyond the scope of the DLPe product however VirusScan has this exact feature in 'Access Protection'.

Chris Norris

McAfee TierIII DLP

0 Kudos
jkbharrison
Level 7

Chris is correct as there is no feature in DLP that allows such behavior. However I don't know where in VSE: Access Protection that allows write/not read to removable storage devices. Within user-defined rules you can create the behavior parameters, but I don't know how to limit it only to removable devices. Chris could you elaborate?

0 Kudos
hwasly
Level 7

Thanks Chris for your valuable comments.

And i second Joshua. could you elaborate more?

0 Kudos