Did you mean: 
S.FRY
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Agent override codes and their management

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Just a quick question with regards to the agent override codes and their management - is it possible to revoke bypass permissions once they have been set for the specific time period?  For example, a user was granted 30 days bypass rights, but within a few days it wasnt needed, and you wanted to enforce the rules again?

How would you go about doing this if it was possible? We are using DLP 3.0

Cheers

Scott

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Agent override codes and their management

Jump to solution

As far as I am aware, the bypass disapears when the machine gets switched off, so unless they kept there machine on all the time the bypass would disapear.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mkr09
Level 7
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Its not possible but if you look at the log that was generated when you allowed it to see if the vendor code was logged and you could then block that?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

As far as I am aware, the bypass disapears when the machine gets switched off, so unless they kept there machine on all the time the bypass would disapear.

View solution in original post

S.FRY
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks!

Jump to solution

challiwag wrote:

Yes, i asked McAfee support and they provide such same answer.

Howevever, it was some kind very stupid.

In a scenario we allowing someone to use USB on a business trip, we need to uninstall McAfee agent to acheive.

The security reason became a insecure result.

I beleived that the "security reason" is only excuse from product desinger, because the Agent override code allowing a time period of maximum 1 month.. how many people will not restart PC for 1 month ?  server ?   What is 1 month for ?

IanH
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi S.Fry

The poster above is right that for security reasons after a reboot the bypass mode is switched off and the device will be blocked again.

You can't block it once its actually in bypass mode even if you create a new policy or rule.

Regards,

Ian

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community