cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent download location on Client

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy DLP to some client machines and i can see on the clients that they shart downloading the DLP package but after that they don't install the DLP agent.

I beleive that this is a security\permissions issue as the clients are heavily locked down and i should hjopefully be able to narrow that down myself.

What i want to know is where the DLP package is downloaded to on the client machine and whether is an executable file that can just be run to install it.

The clients are Windows 7.

As always thanks for your help in advance.

Sohail G.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Agent download location on Client

Jump to solution

Yeah then it's not even getting to the installation portion of the DLP agent install then. I am assuming all other client tasks fail as well?

When the agent downloads the package onto the machine to start the install, I believe it downloads the DLP .exe files into this directory: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\DLPAGENTXXX\Install, and then runs the install from there.. do you see any files in that directory? Although if the install is failing it might auto-delete the files in these directories.. not sure exactly.

I would also check the agent & agent_error.log within C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB, to see if there is any indication of what is going on.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Moved to DLP - Moderator

Jump to solution

The logs should be within C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs, if it got that far to start executing and creating a log for the install.

Otherwise, you can get the DLP agent install .exe file from within the ePO server and manually install; navigate to McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\whatever branch\DLPAGENTxxxx\

Jump to solution

Thanks fitchsoccer342

I already knew where to get it from on the EPO server but i did not know about the logs.

I had a look through the logs and there was no mention of DLP in any of them.

Sohail G.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yeah then it's not even getting to the installation portion of the DLP agent install then. I am assuming all other client tasks fail as well?

When the agent downloads the package onto the machine to start the install, I believe it downloads the DLP .exe files into this directory: C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\DLPAGENTXXX\Install, and then runs the install from there.. do you see any files in that directory? Although if the install is failing it might auto-delete the files in these directories.. not sure exactly.

I would also check the agent & agent_error.log within C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB, to see if there is any indication of what is going on.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thanks fitchsoccer342

I found the DLPAgentInstaller.x64.exe in the location you stated above.

I've also found the log files in the location you specified and i'm looking through those at the moment.

thanks

Sohail G.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community