cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuuki1
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

About the release of the LTS version and the EOL of the feature release version on the same day

At DLP, I heard that when the LTS version is released, the function release version will be EOL on the same day.

If the release date of the LTS version and the EOL date of the feature release version are the same, it means that the customer who has used the feature release version until then is using the product that has become the EOL version.

* When checking the releases of 11.5 (feature release) and 11.6 (LTS) retroactively on SNS, the release date is 2020/11/10, but as of 2020/11/4, 11.1 EOL information is available. However, the EOL information of 11.5 was not described.

Like your other products, if the feature release version is supported for a while after the LTS version is released, it may not be a big problem, but if it becomes EOL on the same day as the LTS release, know the information in advance. Must be done.
(Because it is necessary to make a plan for version upgrade, etc.)

Therefore, when LTS is released in the future, I would like to ask for the following measures.

-Even after the LTS version is released, the function release version will be supported for a while instead of EOL. (Preferably 3 months to 6 months.)
-Publication of advance LTS version release date. (Preferably more than a month ago.)

Thank you for your consideration.

1 Reply
JaganA
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: About the release of the LTS version and the EOL of the feature release version on the same day

@Yuuki1 Thanks for posting here

I feel, this request should go to Product Management team. You can convey this message to PM directly by filling PER form. For details, refer to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community