Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ouyangx
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

windows security center keep popping out alerts that mcafee has been turned off

Jump to solution

I`ve recently reinstalled my mcafee internet security, everything went fine, except that windows warned me that both mcafee and windows defender have been turned off.

this happened just minuted after the installation, and the alerts popping out very frequently, like 6times a second.

its so annoying that I have to turn off the confirmation of antivirus from windows security center temporarily.

Please fix it ASAP

2016-01-11 17_46_58-Security and Maintenance.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: windows security center keep popping out alerts that mcafee has been turned off

Jump to solution

Moved to General Discussion> Discussions

Have you opened your McAfee UI, to check and see if it is 'Green' and states 'Your Computer is Secure' ?

There has been certain instances that the Windows Action Center sometimes does not recognize your Protection.

Generally a 'Restart' Corrects this issue.

Please try these Suggestions, and if you are still experiencing issues Kindly post back.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

10 Replies
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: windows security center keep popping out alerts that mcafee has been turned off

Jump to solution

Moved to General Discussion> Discussions

Have you opened your McAfee UI, to check and see if it is 'Green' and states 'Your Computer is Secure' ?

There has been certain instances that the Windows Action Center sometimes does not recognize your Protection.

Generally a 'Restart' Corrects this issue.

Please try these Suggestions, and if you are still experiencing issues Kindly post back.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

ouyangx
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

currently i have no other antivirus installed, and the status of UI and security center seems to have no problems.

I`ve checked windows update and flash, nothing abnormal.

is there any more persistent solution other than restart every time it pops out?

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

In other words,You are saying that Windows Action Center is now reporting that McAfee is active and running? Also, nothing untowards when you check your McAfee Security Center? Then all should be okay. Those instances with the Windows Action Center should not happen all the time though.

Also the McAfee Installer will (Turn Off) Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10. As it has Anti-Virus Capabilities. Where as in Windows 7 SP1 it is compatible.. Running (2) Anti-Virus Applications will Conflict/Clash with each other, ultimately causing issues.

I had to check back and see if you were okay....

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

We have seen this on startup for quite a while . Usually waiting 5 minutes clears the message so if you are green all is fine.

I have not seen it recently though

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Being a 'Volunteer Moderator', and the fact it has now been 14 hours on I am exhausted and just before calling it a Night. Other things to consider, to include ruling out 'Malware' If you had another Security Application Installed on your system before Installing McAfee? If so did you remove it?

To rule out any possible Malware, Try running Malwarebytes (Free) To keep it (Free) do not enable the Free Trial/or Activate the Pro/Paid version. You can obtain it from here ;

Also make certain you are current and up to date with all of your Windows Updates/Add-ons to include Internet Explorer. Even if you do not use it, McAfee and other programs do in order to function properly.

Make certain you have the Latest Adobe Flash Player installed as well ( v20.0.0.270)

Hopefully one of my Colleagues will pick up this thread and add to the discussion. I apologize however calling it a Night.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

Running McAfee Security Center Version/Build 14.0.6136 Windows 7 Sp1/ McAfee Total Protection, I have noticed the following during 'Start-up' 

1- There is still a Slight delay in the McAfee Icon appearing ( Due to Microsoft requesting such)

After (1) minute my McAfee Icon appears.

2- After (3) minutes my Desktop Icons Blink ( indicating the Windows Action Center ) is starting up and recognizes my McAfee Protection is functioning properly, and displays the (White Flag) in the lower Task Bar.

3- Then it proceeds to continue loading the remainder of Start-up Programs/Applications.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
ouyangx
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

But on win10 x64 in latest stable version, this problem do exist.

Please dont closes threads that quick...

avorharp
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

But on win10 x64 in latest stable version, this problem do exist.

No, I have this version, but there is no problem.

Reinstall Mcafee and everything will be fine.

Снимок.PNG

ouyangx
Level 7
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

No problem on your machine, but problem on mine, bro.

And it happened just minutes after the clean re-installation.

So..no problem on your machine doesn't mean no problems on all machines, right?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community