cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeblow3
Level 7

windows reboot after update won't go away

I can't get this popup to go away,  I've uninstalled and reinstalled and this popup keeps coming backup, it won't let me open the security suite because it says it needs to restart 1st.  any idea what I need to do would be great help..

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
9 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: windows reboot after update won't go away

Could you post a screenshot of the pop up?

It would also help us to know what type of computer you have as far as manufacturer, operating system, ram, browser, etc.

0 Kudos
joeblow3
Level 7

McAfee Error.jpg

I am using windows 7,  it is a gateway FX50S  4 gig's ram.  using ie and firefox,  

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Ok that is the standard Mcafee popup after upgrade maybe something corrupted so uninstall via MCPR 

Reboot and retry the reinstall.

0 Kudos
joeblow3
Level 7

uninstalled as directed and reinstalled...  worked for about 2hrs then it started coming up with the same message again...

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

What does the more say? Is windows up to date re updates and service packs?

Try 3 things

Here is the workaround that you can try, Open McAfee Security Center> Click on Real-Time Scanning> Settings> Scan Settings>

Uncheck Active Protection delivers real-time defense against the latest viruses, spyware and threats directly to your PC.

Click on Restart Now> Reboot the computer> Enable back the Active Protection feature and also check and update us whether you have that alart again !!!

2 run MVT and see what it says. MVT on the technical support page in usefu;; links tab above.

3. If still no good uninstall via the MCPR method mentioned in the usefull links tab above.

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

then reinstall if this does not work will get you help

on 11/04/11 6:50:09 AM
0 Kudos
jaymfe
Level 12

Clickthe link below to download patch file.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/TS100430.bat to your Desktop.

Save the file to your desktop.

Double-clickTS100430.bat. For Windows Vista and Windows 7, right-click TS100430.batand select Run As Administrator.

IMPORTANT: This batch file contains commands which will modifyyour Windows registry. Before running any batch file, ensure that youtrust the source of the file and know its intended purpose.

Restartyour computer.

0 Kudos
joeblow3
Level 7

The bat file said access denied even when ran as admin..   and the other suggestion It won't let me Open the secerity center it keeps saying it needs to be restarted to complete updates??

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Try to run the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support area. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issue and will attempt to fix any problems it finds. Post the session number here for a technician to see but as it is the weekend McAfee personell may be scarce. You could also try to contact Technical Support Chat which is available 24 hours a day and is free. Chat can remote connect into your computer to have a look inside to see if any programs or services might be causing your issue. You need to grant them permission to and they have many more tools available than we do here on the forums.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Retry from the faq

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100430&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...

The bat file is the fix if it does not work this time follow Tom's suggestion and chat to Technical support

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 23/04/11 10:08:58 AM
0 Kudos