Hi. Can you tell me why mcafee total protection need so much resources? Right now mcafee scans my PC( laptop with 3 gb of RAM) and it show that is used 2 gb ram?? it is 67% of total RAM . WHY SO MUCH in comparison with other security products?r What is explanation? Thanks.
Please clarify the following:
1. What is your operating system (mention service pack information as well)?
2. Do you have any other security programs installed in your computer?
3. Where do you see the 67% of RAM usage, is it in Task Manager – If yes, then please mention the file name which is using it
4. How was the McAfee programs installed in your computer, was that from website (or) using a disk?
1.My SO is vista home premium 32 bit
2. mcafee total protection is the only security product on my laptop
3.ram usage it show on desktop( vista gadget). But now I open task manager and right now the most usage of RAM (177.000 K) is for Safari browser.
4 instalation was from mcafee site (download)
Thank you so much for the information. Looks like the program which obtains memory a lot are unstable, try closing all the applications which are running on the computer to see whether the memory usage is back to normal. You may also run a full scan using McAfee to confirm there are no infections on the computer, even check for Windows Update - make sure you install all the available (important) updates.
You could also try these steps:
1. Try logging on to the machine as another user. Check whether the issue is only for a particular Windows user account.
2. Check the networking tab in task manager to see if you are using the network or not. Usually this is under .5
3.Try to think if you added any hardware or software about the time you found the problem.
4.Boot in safe mode. See if that makes a difference.