cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why should I pay for an antivirus and internet protection for a laptop that still belongs to the college that I attend?

Im a student and was just issued a laptop and i want to know why i should pay for internet protect and antivirus scan when the laptop still belongs to the college that i attend?

3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: why should I pay for an antivirus and internet protection for a laptop that still belongs to the college that I attend?

I just altered your user name to remove the email portion for your privacy and safety.   I also moved this to a better section for support and abbreviated the headline in order to fit.

You will have to log out and back in again to answer.

Isn't that between you and the college?   I assume they have some arrangement with McAfee, did you ask them?

Re: why should I pay for an antivirus and internet protection for a laptop that still belongs to the college that I attend?

I agree I would have thought they would have had a deal with Mcafee or another AV. If it was a new laptop they usually come with free 12mth trials of some software.

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

As a footnote, as all account matters are dealt with off this board anyway, you may want to speak with Customer Service directly.  It's free of charge by phone or online chat.

They could maybe clarify what's going on in the account, see link below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools