cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
help101
Level 7

what does this mean??????????

Jump to solution

In my system tray there is the McAfee icon with a blue box (a third the size) on top of the McAfee icon. What is it and what does it mean?

Any help would be appreciated thankx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
help101
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks guys, i actually got the answer from Hayon. it looked like an i symbol it was coming up after a process was finished when i would hit the done button it would go away.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Jump to solution

That depends on what it lloks like. If it's a small blue circle going round, McAfee is busy doing something - downloading and installing updates, or running a scan. If it's a box with a little 'i' in it, McAfee is waiting to tell you something, so double-click on the icon to see what it is.

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

Re: what does this mean??????????

Jump to solution

Hayton wrote:

If it's a box with a little 'i' in it, McAfee is waiting to tell you something, so double-click on the icon to see what it is.

Hi,

I don't know why, but I really laughed at this..

McAfee: HEY YOU, Yeah, you, we got your scan results, you been doing some dangerous surfing recently? yeah? really? Such a shame.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Re: what does this mean??????????

Jump to solution

To be precise , could you please provide us with a screen shot of the same .

Thanks,

0 Kudos
yjain
Level 7

Jump to solution

If it is animated then McAfee is working on something... If it is static then there is alert for you. Please double click the icon to know what is the alert. I hope this answers.

Regards

Yogesh

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Next  time if you happen to see the McAfee icon with a blue box on the system tray, then keep the mouse cursor on top of the blue icon and kindly Let us know how does the process look like from the below shown fig’s:

A)

update 0.jpg

B)

update 1.jpg

C)

update 2.jpg

D)

update 3.jpg

E)

update 4.jpg

0 Kudos
help101
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks guys, i actually got the answer from Hayon. it looked like an i symbol it was coming up after a process was finished when i would hit the done button it would go away.

0 Kudos