Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calcjn
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

trying to load 2012 from disc in dial up and it never finishes

with a new computer trying to load via 56k dial up, 2012 either total protection or virius protection the dowload never completes

it loads from 13 to 26 MB then it goes back to  1 to 13MB on the progress indicator , then goes up to 13 to 23MB and jumps back.....it never completes. 

it looks like there is a to short of a time out in the software that restarts the section again.

draging the computer to a faster network and it loads fine and other large files load just fine.

this could be fixed

7 Replies

Re: trying to load 2012 from disc in dial up and it never finishes

Hi. Are you trying to install or do updates? If this is installation, there is another option to do it via CD. For updates, you may need to be patient. Try updating at non peak hours like 11AM. You will get a better connection that time. Good luck.

calcjn
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

new instalation.   tried itabout 10 time in the morning, over night.

new had this problem before with the old loader  they either put a time out oi it or their block check  on the received data is to large for a dial up.

Which operating system and internet browser version are you using? 

calcjn
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

windows 7 32 bit installed on a new lenovo system.  with extenal usrobics modem.  

And which browser do you use?  Is it Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome?  I will also need to know which version you are running. 

Message was edited by: fcamachoecat on 2/21/12 4:37:01 PM CST
calcjn
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

browse is firefox 10.0.1 

I'll need to gather some more information from you and it would be best if we spoke over the phone.  I will PM you my direct contact information and we can discuss this offline.