Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom33
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

removing mcafee from computer

Hi

can anyone please help me? i have Mcafee Live-safe internet security that i would like to remove from my computer. have used the Mcafee uninstall tool and everything went ok i restart the computer. and still have the Mcafee icon still in my systray. can anyone tell me how to remove this? thank you

6 Replies

Re: removing mcafee from computer

Did you first remove from your Control Panel > Programs and Features > Restart. Before utilizing the McAfee (MCPR) Tool?  Also check in your Control Panel/Programs and Features to see if by chance you have (McAfee Security Scan Plus) inadvertently installed. If so remove it as it is basically a Marketing tool.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I might add also, that somehow this thread was moved to 'Spanish Consumer Suppport' when meant to move to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 7

I've sent a message to have this moved from this area.

it's possible you used an old MCPR.  It's constantly updated so always download a fresh one:

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

If still an issue contact Technical Support, it's free of charge. Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Apologies for the delay, guys, I'm moving this right now.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com
exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 7

Thanks ;-)

Yes, Thanks