cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with error occurred when trying to use update feature i.e. McAfee Update Manager service stopped working and was closed

For some reason, I am unable to use the McAfee antivirus update feature successfully despite several attempts recently. I became aware of  this problem a few days when a box popped up from MS Windows which said SERVICE STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED. Just today I tried manually by right clicking on icon and it started  to process update but after a minute or two, it simply said 'error occurred.'  I got the free Techscan which said that I had broken start-up items, visual effects not configured correctly, and my IE is not set for default windows browser (use Google Chrome), but I don't think these problems should prevent me from updating my McAfee. Any suggestions?

2 Replies

Re: problems with error occurred when trying to use update feature i.e. McAfee Update Manager service stopped working and was closed

More information is available on the Consumer Service Portal at http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101446

Hayton
Level 18
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: problems with error occurred when trying to use update feature i.e. McAfee Update Manager service stopped working and was closed

This has been moved out of Security Awareness to the General Discussions section of Home & Home Offfice.