I get a new HP PC with a demo version of Total Protection Service
I bought a license for 3 years...
When I install McAfee, I get a message "impossible to download all software packages" with URL http://vs.mcafeeasap.com/partners/hp/partner..cab
I turn off popup blockers, uninstall McAfee with MCPR, set protection in IE to MEDIUM, run Virtual Technician, search in knowledge database, but.... nothing
Has anyone an idea?
I have bought Total Protection Standard Service; it seems that it's an enterprise version (but it's for my home). Maybe I have not bought the right product?
McAfee Support has found! Use KB50700 (silent uninstall)
In summary, on Vista, you have to:
- desactivate popup blockers
- set security level to Medium in IE
- desactivate Windows Defender et Windows firewall
- download vssetup.exe on htpp://mcafeeasap.com (in the utilities sheet)
- Note your key which is in the utilities sheet
- Execute, with DOS, the following command: vssetup.exe /CK=your_key /Email=your_email /P=VFB
that's all folks!
Hope it helps