cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgoldston
Level 7

on assess scan is currently disabled - agent service is not running

how do i fix this?  I have total protection on windows xp and have never gotten this message before.  When I try to downloan virtual technician, it won't load either - help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: on assess scan is currently disabled - agent service is not running

Can you post a screenshot of the exact error message? Did you ever have any security protection on your computer prior to McAfee? How much ram do you have? Do you use Internet Explorer and if so what is the version? What is your service pack? SP3 is recommended.

You could also contact Technical Support Chat found at the top of this page under Useful Links. They are available 24 hours and can remotely connect to your computer to see whats going on inside.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hello jgoldston,
Along with the same can you please confirm whether your programs are McAfee home version or enterprise version ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos
dixr
Level 7

I am running XP/Pro and load my machine down a lot. When I do it seems that McAfee shuts down, certain parts of the security center and virus scan are turned off. Clicking FIX gets most of the problems the first time, but sometimes I have to close the McAfee screen and re-open it and try FIX again and then it seems to work. I would like to know why too.

0 Kudos
syed.tabrez
Level 7

hi,

Click on start

click on RUN

Type in services.msc

Look for McAfee McShield and make sure is it enable.

And also make sure if any thing else with Mcafee should be enable or automatic.

Rgards

Syed Tabrez

( Mcafee Technical Support )

0 Kudos