I am running Windows7 and I have either a major conflict or a virus. My Internet Explorer cannot connect (though I can get on-line with AOL) to the internet and hence my McAfee cannot get downloads. I also get a statement that the real time checking is not turned on and it will not let me turn it on. I uninstalled Firefox which had been set as the default browser about the time that the problems started. What do I do next?
First can you try to do these steps;
1. Please open Internet Explorer and click Tools -> Internet options.
2. Please click on Connections tab.
3. Click LAN Settings… and a window named LAN Settings will open.
4. Please uncheck all options and click on Ok.
5. Please close Internet Explorer window.
Then try downloading McAfee Virtual Technician.
Temporary Internet Files (Cache) wouldn't affect this in this situation,
Because it would load the page, but it would do it slowly, it shouldn't stop you connecting.