I'm using McAfee Internet Security Unlimited Devices on a Windows 7 laptop.
Whenever I open the main interface, and go to 'Account' then 'About' to show the status of the components installed (version and dat file numbers), all is fine. Until I close that window! Every single time a few seconds after it closes I get 'Windows Problem Reporting' asking for access through the firewall and this error in Reliability Monitor:-
I see that mcuihost.exe is causing an error in the ntdll.dll dynamic link library, a file that was updated to a new version last Patch Tuesday by Microsoft. The problem started immediately after the last PT, which leads me to believe mcuihost.exe isn't working properly with the current version of ntdll.dll.
Along with these 2 other issues I have with the current version of McAfee:-
McAfee is making my machine miserable to use.........
Looks to me as if mcuihost.exe is having an issue with the new version of ntdll.dll that was installed as part of October's patch tuesday, and causing an error on exit, as my issue started the day after I installed October's PT.
Most people will have Windows Problem Reporting allowed access through the firewall, so wont know if a program stops working.
CD, open Account->About, close it, then check your Action Center->Reliability Monitor to see if you're getting the same issue as I am, as you may not have noticed..........
If a program or component stops working, then sometimes it takes a while for it to show up in Reliability Monitor, so if there's an issue after opening and closing your McAfee 'About' window, then it might not show up right away.
Do some opening and closing of Account->About today and see if it shows up in Reliability Monitor. Every time I do so, it causes the fault I have highlighted in the attached picture above. So your Reliability Monitor graph will be slayed!
If you're getting the same thing, then there's an issue with the way mcuihost.exe is interacting with the latest version of ntd.dll that needs to be reported to the devs.......
Also note my dates are in the British form so day/month/year
Again my software has functioned flawlessly. However I will bring this up for conversation on Monday.
Probably only worthwhile if others are seeing it. If it's just me, then it's probably an issue on my machine only.
I have indeed brought it up for tomorrow. I can ask the Senior 3.0 Techs to ask the Front Line Customer support if they have been getting any calls relating to this issue. I will get back to you after the Meeting.
I stand corrected, it happened again just now when I closed the "About" window.
I suspect latency when closing windows could be the cause.
MVT reports no problems. MSC 16.5.188 Windows 7 SP1 x64 fully updated.