cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcsvhost.exe continously running taking 95% of CPU after last manual windows update

My computer has no automatic Windows update and is under my control. I have no control over Mcafee. I have updated last windows8.1 recently and since after Mcschost is crazily running day and night ha;ting all of my work. no e-mails, no internet explorer. I am fedup and taking this advice before to get rid of this mcafee forever

3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: mcsvhost.exe continously running taking 95% of CPU after last manual windows update

Have you been running any registry cleaners lately as they can cause major issues, or have you had any malware infections?  If you've had the latter see the last link in my signature below.

Also are you running any other security software?

You do have control over McAfee and you can control when it updates if you wish, however I don't recommend that as it will cause reminder popups.

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes any problems.   If not......

I suggest you try uninstalling the software via Control Panel > Programs and Features, then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot, then reinstall from your online account.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 4

Re: mcsvhost.exe continously running taking 95% of CPU after last manual windows update

By the way, exactly what was that Windows Update?   It should be listed in Update History.

Message 4 of 4

Hi imrajesh1996,

It will be more helpful if you could post the KB number of Windows Update that was recently installed. To view the latest installed updates

Open Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features > Select View Installed updates in the left pane > Check the KB number for latest Successful update and post back..!