cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: mcafee not completing scans

i ran another scan yesterday, and it got hung up when it was 71% complete again and froze up my computer...this is the file it got hung up on:

C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\McDBMgr.dll

any thoughts anyone?  thanks

k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 14

Try running the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links. MVT will scan your computer for McAfee related issues and attempt to fix any that it identifies. It will generate a session id which you should post here on the forum for the moderator to review. If MVT can't fix something then contact Technical Support Chat also found under Useful Links for further diagnosis of your issue(s).

Good Luck

I have tried installing and running MVT three times now, each time it installs and begins to run - then when it is at the point of scanning for McAfee products, it crashes. Everytime, even running as an administrator.

I am on Windows Vista and I am pretty sure the virus scan catches on the same DLL file mentioned earlier in this string. Is there any further update you can give? Let me know. Thanks!

Ken

k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 14

I would recommend contacting Technical Support Chat found at the top of this page under Useful Links. You can reach them without having to run MVT. They have many tools at their disposal to figure out what is going on and can remotely connect to your computer, you must give them permission to do so.

on 6/12/10 7:08:23 PM EDT

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community