cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcafee 12.1 y firefox

All the days after each mcafee update Firefox takes longer to open (four or five more seconds) until I restart the PC I have already reinstalled mcafee eight times and always occurs equally.no one has noticed this?

17 Replies

Re: mcafee 12.1 y firefox

Apart from the known bugs in this version...

Only happens to me with Firefox,the rest of programs including internet explorer work correctly

any idea? do only firefox becomes a bit slow to open after each update of mcafee.you can inform the technical service?

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 18

I've only noticed a delay after I first start up the machine but after that no delays.

Make sure that Firefox is given full permissions in the Firewall (also any add-ons)

Make sure there no tasks scheduled to run immediately like Quickclean, Shredder or Vulnerability Scan etc.

if it continues I would open a case with Technical Support.

Turn off the firewall option 'intrusion detection' and everything is ok.i have re-enabled and the problem has disappeared without having to restart the PC.is a bug....

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 19/01/13 15:09:38 CST

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 19/01/13 15:18:46 CST
exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 18

That is very strange.  So it's OK now?

yes,desacative that option in the firewall and firefox opened fast.i to activate and continues to open fast without restarting the pc.i guess that with this option enabled tomorrow I will return to happen like.version 11.6 no problem.

That is what always happens since i already new version and reinstall mcafee eight times and always the same with Firefox ... apart from the known problems

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 19/01/13 15:25:29 CST

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 19/01/13 15:27:30 CST
exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 18

It;s strange that I don't see that happening here.

yes,is strange..tomorrow i will check

exbrit
Level 21
Message 10 of 18

Ok, good luck ;-)