cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronel
Level 7

junk_00_ in front of e-mail address when trying to log into account

Good morning.  I need assistance.  When I want to log into my McAfee Account it automatically insert "junk_00_" before my e-mail address.  I delete it and try to log in, but it just kicks me out and the inserted abbeviation is added to my e-mail address again.  Why?!  I logged a problem with support last weekend and this week when I tried to see what is going on this started to happen.  Did also not get feedback from support as yet, so I logged the same fault again.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: junk_00_ in front of e-mail address when trying to log into account

The way to get this answered is actually call customer service. I did and they immediately told me that having that in front of the correct email address means that account has been compromised (his word) It could be anything so call them.

Be sure to mention the junk_00_ prefix as there is a special search method needed to find such accounts.

Telephone Customer Service in your country

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 011 707 5566. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

Did you just install the software it can take a while to update the account initially. Try again later on.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 15/10/11 8:43:08 PM
0 Kudos
ronel
Level 7

Thank you very much!  I will call them on Monday!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Actually if I had access to the account I could have had it fixed tonight as aussie customer service is 24/7.

Of course that info is private so Monday should be fine. Is the software working?

0 Kudos
ronel
Level 7

I had problems with it saying my subscription expired, so I sent an e-mail to customer services.  After this I found that it had the junk_00_ in front.  I thus have no cover and am rather stressed.  Here in South Africa their customer services only work from Monday to Friday, so I will have to wait till Monday.  Thanks though, for all your assistance.  At least I don't feel forgotten in all this, lol.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

So any emails have junk_00 in front of it when you type it? If so run the malwarebytes program mentioned here as well as both stingers and getsusp while you wait

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 16/10/11 5:18:03 PM
0 Kudos
ronel
Level 7

No, all my other e-mails, etc. works.  It is  only when I want to log into my account at McAfee that it happens.  I type in my e-mail address and password and then when I press login it shows wrong username or password and then my e-mail has the junk_00 addy in front.  Very weird!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Ok read your last post in wrong context the issue is that which I said initially so hopefully Monday brings a solution if not post back asap and I will ask our tech in our Moderator call.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 16/10/11 9:24:21 PM
0 Kudos