cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davegj
Level 7

iTunes Home Sharing with McAfee Total Protection

I have Windows SP1 64 bit running with McAfee Total Protection and it's stopping iTunes Home Sharing from working. The iTunes Home Sharing function works fine if I swicth off the Firewall facility, but clearly this is not somehting I want to do.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: iTunes Home Sharing with McAfee Total Protection

Is that Windows 7 SP1?  You may need to alter permssions under Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs (takes a while to load and if you click the word Program at the top of the list it will rearrange alphabetically).

If you are sharing with another computer or gadget you may need to add it to the My Network Connections list, also under Firewall, also make sure Windows File Sharing is checked under Ports and System Services.

Technical Support are probably best to advise you on this, it's free of charge by phone or online chat and available via Useful Links at the top of this page.

Or post at Apple Forums to see if others have any ideas:  https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/home_sharing

I do have iTunes but don't use Home Sharing I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
davegj
Level 7

Yeah Window 7 SP1. I have gone into the programs list in the firewall and iTunes is listed as full access. Should Net Guard be on or off? No idea how I add a gadget to My Network Connections.

This all used to work fine until the latest release of MTP.

0 Kudos
davegj
Level 7

also - the Windows File Sharing is checked under Ports and System Services is ticked

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I'm not too au fait with adding networks either.   Technical Support are better at this.   Normally networks are added automatically as needed anyway.

As far as Net Guard is concerned you could try turning it off to see if that helps.

0 Kudos