cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to undelete Stinger quarantine files?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just used the actual Stinger v12.1.0.1723 and it deleted some files I want to restore because I'm pretty sure they are no virus, for example the Nullsoft null_output_plugin I won't find anymore to download. (and I'm pretty sure I checked the "repair" box not the "delete" in Stinger before the scan)

But the Stinger quarantine files are now password protected zip archives.

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

How to do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: how to undelete Stinger quarantine files?

Jump to solution

No that is not possible in Windows Explorer but it is possible in Stinger itself, simply open it and click the Quarantine tab and select all and restore.

Note, if you set Stinger to delete or remove all detections then it wont be possible that way either.

3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

No that is not possible in Windows Explorer but it is possible in Stinger itself, simply open it and click the Quarantine tab and select all and restore.

Note, if you set Stinger to delete or remove all detections then it wont be possible that way either.

Jump to solution

uh now I got it.

I aborted the scan after I saw that stinger deleted some files and didn't click "Next". While showing the window with the scan results the tab / button for quarantine was marked gray and not clickable.

Now I could do so.

thanks very much for this quick help.

just out of curiosity: which password is stinger using for quarantine or is it randomly generated?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

If it's the default one that the labs ask for when files are submitted to them then infected may be correct, but I can't guarantee that.

When using Stinger always make sure it's not set to remove all files by clicking the Advanced tab first, then Settings, then files should always be restorable under the Quarantine tab.

Capture.JPG