cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cini
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

help w/ "Administrator has restricted access USB/1394...

Help. Does anyone have experience w/ this. I had to reload McAfee and at startup get several error messages of: Administrator has restricted access to USB/1394 mass storage devices. I had an Acer (out of warranty now) and window xp. In Feb I think a virus slipped through and got a few of these messages and then system failure. wouldn't boot past blue screen. Because devices restricted had to restore to factory defaults and lost all data. But it worked again. I used up the rest of the free Norton that had come with the computer. then when I reloaded my McAfee subscription last week I begin to get these messages again. Last night realized again the drive wont play. I guess it is effected by the restriction. Getting concerned again.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Cini
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

Re: help w/ "Administrator has restricted access USB/1394...

think I found the solution from multiple sources and now able to use disk drive and back up files etc..

ajacobs
Level 12
Message 3 of 3

Re: help w/ "Administrator has restricted access USB/1394...

Sounds like your issue is resolved? I've moved your thread to our home user disucssion area for better visibility.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community