cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blair1955
Level 7

hello this is my first post here, I just bought a Dell XPS with Windows 7 Professional, it came preloaded with McAfee and I like so much better that Norton which I've always had on other PC's. I also have an older Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows XP Home. I do have one question I want to get rid of Norton on my ohter laptop and install McAfee so I need some suggestions from someone that has already done this. I know that there is some special uninstaller I have to get from Norton from thier web site but will that totally unistalll their antivirus program.....thanks Blair

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: hello

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
7 Replies
newjack
Level 12

Jump to solution

Here is a Link for instructions to all of their products.Read the instructions carefully.There are tabs for each differant version.So pick the proper 1 on your system.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?lg=english&ct=united+states&do...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
blair1955
Level 7

Jump to solution

yet that's it, that's what I am going to need thanks....Blair

0 Kudos
blair1955
Level 7

Jump to solution

when I buy McAfee won't the product automatically update the license?

thanks..

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

It should do.  Any problems with licensing however are dealt with by Customer Service which is  a free phone call away, see the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Similarly, any Technical Issue can be dealt with by Technical Support also linked there, again free.

Edit:   If you are planning on installing a newly purchased McAfee product on a machine that had previous McAfee software provided by the PC maker or your ISP, I would, to be on the safe side, uninstall the old one first, run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links also, reboot and then install from the new account.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/01/12 8:04:27 EST AM
0 Kudos
flogger
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got confused here. What does update the license mean? Is this the automatic updates? or does the license auto renew?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Automatic updates are another thing altogether and happen on any licensed product.  The license we talk about here is actually really a valid subscription - your online account in other words.

0 Kudos